Things certainly heated up at GeekWire during the month of June.
We reported live from the U.S. Open golf tournament, part of our expanded coverage of the collision of sports and technology. We tracked down Amazon.com’s mysterious Treasure Truck, and then reported on its even stranger delay.
Yes, things were very busy on the tech beat in June.
We’ve got some big things brewing in July as well, including our annual GeekWire Sounders Day celebration, taking place on Saturday, July 18th on the awesome rooftop deck of EMC/Isilon. (Make sure to grab tickets before they sell out).
But, before we look further ahead, here’s a look back at the most-read stories from last month.
Happy Fourth of July weekend. Stay cool out there, folks. And thanks again for reading GeekWire.
1. Exclusive: Satya Nadella reveals Microsoft’s new mission statement, sees ‘tough choices’ ahead (493 Facebook likes, 539 Tweets and 109 comments)
2. This DIY hack for an air conditioner has nearly 3M views on YouTube (2,900 Facebook likes, 204 Tweets, 10 comments)
3. Update: Comcast says major West Coast Internet outage is fixed (2,500 Facebook likes, 196 Tweets, 28 comments)
4. Maveron-backed Eargo looks to reinvent the hearing aid with rechargeable devices modeled on a fishing fly (55 Facebook likes, 29 Tweets, 5 comments)
5. Amazon abruptly delays ‘Treasure Truck’ rollout after a week of hype (51 Facebook likes, 56 Tweets, 4 comments)
6. Four high-ranking execs leaving Microsoft — including former Nokia CEO — in major leadership shakeup (296 Facebook likes, 152 Tweets, 20 comments)
7. Attention business travelers: Your carry-on bag is probably going to become obsolete (319 Facebook likes, 122 Tweets, 14 comments)
8. Review: Does the Pebble Time smartwatch live up to its Kickstarter hype? (6 Facebook likes, 43 Tweets, 11 comments)
9. Zomato says goodbye to Urbanspoon, shuts down iconic shake-to-search feature (119 Facebook likes, 108 Tweets, 10 comments)
10. An exclusive peek inside Dropbox’s new Seattle office, and inside details on the company’s plans (634 Facebook likes, 61 Tweets, 2 comments)
11. Surprise: Microsoft makes Xbox One compatible with Xbox 360 games (1,200 Facebook likes, 73 Tweets, 3 comments)
12. Xome launches new online home buying site in Zillow and Redfin’s backyard (266 Facebook likes, 8 comments)