The cold, chilly air signals that winter is here, and that means it’s time for one of our favorite events of the year. The GeekWire Gala, presented by Smartsheet, is coming up on Thursday, Dec. 6 and we’d love to have you join the fun.
A few tickets remain for this holiday tradition. So go here to pick up yours, and join more than 800 geeks at the party of the year. Group rates also are available, so if you’d like to make the GeekWire Gala your company’s holiday party, please do so.
This year’s Gala is moving to downtown Seattle, and the historic Showbox Market, with the main festivities taking place from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Drinks and food will be served, but there’s no plated dinner, formal program or assigned tables. We’ve designed the Gala to connect with new and old friends, and foster bonds in the community.
It also gives many of us an excuse to get fancy in rain parka-loving Seattle! And a dance party has been known to break out.
Here’s a little bit of what is in store for Thursday’s holiday party:
- Alaska Airlines will give away two roundtrip tickets to a lucky Gala attendee. Enter the giveaway upon arrival to the Gala, while sipping a specialty Aviator cocktail.
- Two lucky geeks will arrive at the Gala in fashionable style as part of the second-annual Geek Style Reboot, presented by Nordstrom. See their reboot first-hand as they come on stage around 8 p.m.
- There’s still time to enter The GeekWire Gala Ugly Sweater contest, presented by the UW Foster MSIS Program. Details here.
- KEXP DJ Michele Myers will get the dance party moving from the Smartsheet DJ booth.
- Strike a pose on the RealSelf Red Carpet then snap your own silly shots in the Moz photo booth.
- Visit our non-profit partner, United Way of King County, where you can support their programs and work on assembling hygiene kits for those in need.
There’s a lot more in store, and check out this FAQ for all of the details for this year’s Gala. We hope to see you this Thursday!
And, finally, a big thanks to our wonderful GeekWire Gala Sponsors. They are: