The geekiest holiday party is just around the corner. We’ve got a great crowd coming out for the GeekWire Gala, presented by Smartsheet, on Thursday, Dec. 6 at the The Showbox in the heart of downtown Seattle.
We’ve got a few tickets remaining, so be sure to go here if you’d like to join the fun.
This is one of our favorite events of the year, bringing together 800 attendees to mingle with old and new friends and dance the night away to the awesome music of KEXP DJ Michele Myers. Here are the key details you’ll need to know for the festivities on Thursday night.
Where: The Showbox, 1426 1st Ave, in downtown Seattle near Pike Place Market. Map here.
When: Thursday, December 6th, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking and transportation: We all know what Seattle traffic can be like, so make sure to give yourself plenty of time to arrive and check in. We encourage you to bus, take a taxi or use other alternative transportation. If you must drive, there are several parking lots located nearby. Here are the closest parking garages. Visit the City of Seattle’s e-Park website here for real-time parking information. We will have coat and bag check sponsored by the Flywheel Investment Conference.
Food and drink? Yes and yes. From coffee to beer to signature cocktails. The appetizers will be heavy, but it’s not dinner. No assigned tables, just tasty buffets and awesome conversation all evening.
Do I need to bring my printed tickets for the Gala? Nope, just show up at the 1st Ave entrance of The Showbox and our registration staff will take care of you.
Does my ticket include a plus one? No, each individual must have purchased a pass to enter the Gala.
Are tickets still available? Yes, a limited number of tickets are still available, so make sure to invite a friend, colleague or co-worker to join the fun. Tickets available on the registration page here.
Attire: You have the rare license to don cocktail attire, or whatever you want for that matter. Tuxedos? Sure. Geeky T-shirts? Yep. Or, just get in the spirit and come dressed as Frosty, one of Santa’s little elves or your favorite Star Wars character from the ice planet Hoth. The photo booth, presented by Moz, will offer plenty of opportunities to showcase your sweet duds.
Identification: The GeekWire Gala is a 21+ event, and all attendees must have valid identification in order to enter the party.
Other activities taking place at the Gala:
- Alaska Airlines will be giving away two roundtrip tickets to a lucky Gala attendee. Enter the giveaway upon arrival to the Gala, while sipping a specialty Aviator cocktail.
- Two lucky geeks will arrive at the Gala in fashionable style as part of the second-annual Geek Style Reboot, presented by Nordstrom. See their reboot first-hand as they come on stage around 8 p.m.
- There’s still time to enter The GeekWire Gala Ugly Sweater contest, presented by the UW Foster MSIS Program, by Monday, December 3. Details here.
- KEXP DJ Michele Myers will get the dance party moving from the Smartsheet DJ booth.
- Strike a pose on the RealSelf Red Carpet then snap your own silly shots in the Moz photo booth.
Hashtags: #GWGala is the primary hashtag for the evening.
And, finally, a big thanks to our wonderful GeekWire Gala Sponsors without whom this holiday tradition would not be possible. They are: