May has arrived in Seattle, and that means the sunshine and the May Day rioters have arrived. It also means the annual GeekWire Awards are just around the corner — in fact taking place this coming Thursday at EMP.
But before we look ahead to the month of May, let’s step back and check in on what folks were reading last month. It was a fun month at GeekWire with some great stories on a wide-range of topics.
In case you missed any of the action, here are the top 10 stories that drove the most attention among the GeekWire nation.
Enjoy, and hope to see you on May 7th at the Awards bash!
1. Apple Watch? Whatever. Reviewing the Timex Datalink, the world’s first smartwatch (590 Facebook likes, 22 comments)
2. Amazon files first-ever suit over fake product reviews, alleging sites sold fraudulent praise (4,900 Facebook likes, 78 comments)
3. Free coffee! Starbucks computers go down nationwide, baristas giving away free drinks (2,000 Facebook likes, 18 comments)
4. Starbucks back in business: Internal report blames deleted database table, indicates outage was global (631 Facebook likes, 14 comments)
5. 3 things I learned from trying on an Apple Watch (10 Facebook shares, 27 comments)
6. India’s Flipkart to shut down website within a year, thanks to popularity of mobile (201 Facebook likes, 9 comments)
7. Expedia confirms Seattle move, will buy Amgen campus for $229M, relocate from Bellevue by 2018 (1,200 Facebook likes, 33 comments)
8. Boeing patents ‘cuddle chairs’ to improve air travel (458 Facebook likes, 7 comments)
9. Homebuyers beware: Redfin reports Seattle is beyond a seller’s market (759 Facebook likes, 45 comments)
10. Inside one of the world’s most advanced IMAX theaters, opening this week in Seattle (2,500 Facebook likes, 7 comments)
Thanks to everyone for reading GeekWire.