Travelers in airport security lines staring at their phones could very well end up learning how long they’ll be standing there thanks to a feature that estimates wait times in the updated Fly Delta app.
The airline is testing the security wait time feature in just two markets — at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and New York’s LaGuardia Airport. Travelers leaving those locations can compare checkpoint times for Sky Priority, TSA Pre-Check, CLEAR and standard TSA lines.
Here are some of the other features being rolled out as part of the updated Fly Delta app. Some of them won’t be available until later this year, the airline said in a news release.
- Color accents: Those shopping for fares inside the app will notice new colors associated with Basic Economy, Main Cabin, Delta Comfort+, Delta Premium Select/First Class and Delta One. The visual cues will align in booking, seat selection, and on boarding passes within the app, mirroring colors seen on screens and signs at the gate as boarding begins for a flight.
- International auto check-in: An expansion of the auto-check-in feature already available to Delta’s domestic customers. Eligible customers are checked in automatically, 24 hours prior to their scheduled departure. Customers receive an alert via email or push notification, open the app, input or confirm passport information, and their boarding pass will be there.
Pre-select meal program: Following the success of the offering over email, Delta One and domestic First Class customers will be able to use the app to choose their in-flight meal up to three weeks in advance. Changes to the selection can be made up to 24 hours prior to a trip.
- Message Us: Customers can get connected with a live Delta representative for in-the-moment assistance, or with a Delta Virtual Assistant to get quick answers to frequently asked questions.
- Flight Status: Track flights and sign up for alerts on flights taken by family and friends.
- Track My Bags: Follow the journey of luggage, including bags of travel partners that might be in separate reservations.