Alpine SG, a Silicon Valley investment firm that acquires and then operates software-as-a-service companies, is swooping up six startups and forming a new marketing tech organization that will be based in Bellevue, Wash.
The new company, called ASG MarTech, will consist of the six acquired startups and an existing Alpine SG portfolio company called Grade.Us. They will continue operating as standalone offerings as part of ASG MarTech, which will serve digital agencies and brands with a suite of marketing tools.
Here are the six acquired startups, with descriptions from Alpine SG:
- AuthorityLabs and SERPS, managed by Mike Ciaglia, are software platforms for brands and agencies that allow firms to effectively and accurately monitor, test, measure and prove SEO strategies to their customer bases.
- Cyfe, lead by CEO Ben Carpel, is an all-in-one online performance dashboard that helps marketers easily monitor and analyze vital enterprise data in one place.
- Reputology, founded by Jack Yu and Nori Yoshida, helps businesses operating multiple locations engage customers quickly and identify opportunities to improve through its monitoring and management platform. The business is a powerful complement to Grade.Us’s presence in the online reputation management market.
- Reputation Loop, founded by Zach Anderson and Jeff Schwerdt, is a marketing platform that enables local business owners to easily control and expand their online reputation.
- Social Report, founded by Vitaly Veksler is a full-service social media management platform that offers both social media monitoring and scheduling of content.
ASG MarTech will employ more than 50 people and will be led by CEO Steve Reardon, who previously oversaw Alpine SG subsidiary Bill4Time and Grade.Us.
“We are incredibly fortunate to be partnering with such quality businesses,” Reardon said in a statement. “Each business has been infused with the passion and energy of an incredibly talented founder and are well positioned to accelerate their already considerable growth.”
Alpine SG is backed by Alpine Investors, a private equity firm. In September it acquired Seattle startup Record360 and has bought 18 companies since 2016.