— Video games tend to take center stage in the gaming world today, but classic tabletop competition is still one of the best ways to get people to socialize and spread their love of games. International Tabletop Day celebrates those classic games on June 1. Mox Boarding House in Bellevue has a slew of events planned to celebrate the day, including game demos, free swag, and chances to learn how to play some of the more recent games in the space.
— Cloud computing is one of the most important technologies today. In order to help developers and businesses stay on top of the latest advances, GeekWire will be hosting its third Cloud Summit. This year’s summit features keynote presentations from top leaders at Microsoft, Amazon, and Slack. In addition to keynotes, there will be a number of deep-dive discussions featuring developers, business leaders, and investors. The GeekWire Cloud Summit takes place on June 5 at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue.
Here are more highlights from the GeekWire Calendar:
- Seattle IoT Mixer: How to Succeed with Emerging Technologies: An event where IoT companies will share their experiences with emerging technologies at the World Trade Center East in Seattle; 6-9 p.m., Thursday, May 30.
- Celebrating Dreams: An event that brings together women entrepreneurs and community leaders at Metropolist in Seattle; 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, May 30.
- Digital Supply Chain Hackathon: An all-day hackathon focused on improving supply chain using cloud tech and more at ExtraSlice in Bellevue on June 1.
- Orca Action Month Kick-Off Festival: A family-friendly event featuring orca-related educational activities, as well as food and music at The Olympic Sculpture Park in Seattle; 1-5 p.m., Sunday, June 2.
- Ethics at the Workplace and Leadership Ethos: A series of panels featuring managers that will share tips on how to make decisions that will foster productivity at The South Lake Union Discovery Center in Seattle; June 6 and 7.
- Automotive Cloud and the Future of Mobility: A presentation about how cloud computing and other technological advances are impacting the auto industry at Thinkspace in Seattle; 6 to 9 p.m., Thursday, June 6.
- Partner Power Hour: Networking Done Right: A presentation about how good networking skills can help you do more than just get a job at Code Fellows in Seattle; 12:15 to 1 p.m., Friday, June 7.