— It’s hard to find a new car these days that doesn’t have some type of technology inside, and those technologies are becoming more and more sophisticated. It’s no longer just about built-in GPS systems. From collision-prevention features to self-driving cars, the automotive sector is relying more and more on multiple technologies, including the cloud. Automotive Cloud and the Future of Mobility will be discussing the current trends and future prospects in this area with two panels of experts on June 6.
— As the changing climate impacts all areas of the Earth, ocean preservation has become more and more important. The Seattle Aquarium is hosting World Ocean Weekend on June 8 and 9. This family-friendly event is a chance for people of all ages to learn about ways they, as individuals, can help with keeping the oceans healthy. The event will feature a variety of educational presentations and hands-on activities, including multiple diver shows and introductions to the sea creatures who live at the aquarium.
Here are more highlights from the GeekWire Calendar:
- Pacific Commodore Expo: A 2-day event celebrating Commodore computers at the Living Computers Museum and Labs in Seattle; Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9.
- E3 Expo: The largest trade event for video games in the United States at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles; Tuesday, June 11 to Thursday, June 13.
- Fireside Chat with Hope Cochran: A presentation about the latest trends in venture capital at K&L Gates in Seattle; 12 to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, June 12.
- Corporate Innovations Reverse Pitch: An event for startups in the AR/VR space to meet with large enterprise companies at Create 33 in Seattle; 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Thursday, June 13.
- Reducing the Stigma: Mental Health in the Workplace: A presentation about how companies can create policies that create an inclusive environment at General Assembly in Seattle; 6 to 8 p.m., Thursday, June 13.
- Free RPG Day: An event celebrating role-playing games at Mox Boarding House in Bellevue; Saturday, June 15.
- Washington State Summer Con: A 2-day conference featuring comic books, games and other pop culture media at the Washington State Fair Events Center in Puyallup; Saturday, June 15 and Sunday, June 16.