Meetups, conferences, startup events, and geeky gatherings in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Browse for local tech events, or search by date or keyword. Submit your event below for consideration for the GeekWire Calendar. Look for highlights from the GeekWire Calendar each week on GeekWire, and check out GeekWire's own unique series of signature tech events in the Seattle region.
- This event has passed.
Corporate Innovation Reverse Pitch – Mixed Interface Applications
June 13 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Are you a startup focused on AR/VR/Voice? Looking to sell into enterprises like Boeing, McKinstry, Amazon or Microsoft? If so, join Create33 and WTIA for a reverse pitch networking event to connect with enterprise companies and their innovation programs that work with startups.
10:00 am Registration and Networking
10:30 am Reverse Pitches from Amazon,
11:00 am Networking with Corporate Innovation Leaders
12:00 pm Event close
Any use cases where voice concretely improves the customer experience, visual design tools for voice interfaces, domain-specific NLU or ASR solutions, as well as AI, and ambient computing. Amazon is interested in companies innovating in artificial intelligence, consumer, enterprise, healthcare, IoT and connected devices, robotics, voice technology, and more; ideally, companies employing conversational interfaces, including voice technology, or with the potential to use voice technology to build great customer experiences.
– Integrated and accessible pilot and maintenance training platform/interface for worldwide deployment which leverages VR/AR to increase training effectiveness and access to training solutions closer to the end user. Solutions should not be dependent on large scale capital assets investment (e.g. full flight simulators) with the flexibility to integrate with all types of available infrastructure/end-user devices
– Object Recognition (HoloLens or hardware agnostic)
– Recognize an object and align hologram images accordingly
– Automatic individual aircraft recognition (Longer term)
– High Fidelity Scan (HoloLens or hardware agnostic)
– Integrate a high fidelity scanner with a HoloLens
– Display real-time scan as a hologram spatially aligned with the physical environment to ensure the area of interest is captured
– Thermal Camera (HoloLens)
– Integrate a thermal camera with HoloLens
– Display thermal images as holograms spatially aligned with the physical environment
Brook Garberding, Portfolio Development Principal at Boeing HorizonX (HX) Ventures
Nancy Li, Global Head of Industry Solutions Portfolio, Mixed Reality & AI at Microsoft
Kevin Crosby, Portfolio Management and Alexa Fellowship at Alexa Fund
Andy Huntwork, Senior Principal Engineer for Alexa Skills Kit at Amazon.com