— While next week promises to be filled with parades, fireworks, and picnics, there’s also the chance to play some board games you love or possibly finding one you’ve never heard of before. Go Play NW is an annual weekend event focused completely on indie tabletop games. Traditional board games, as well as pen and paper role-playing games, will be on hand for you to try out while meeting new people in the process. The event takes place from July 5-7 at Seattle University.
— Good healthcare is one of the top concerns in developing countries around the world. Poorly trained professionals and lack of hospitals equipped to deal with many medical situations plague these countries. Artificial Intelligence for Good is a talk about how artificial intelligence technology can help lessen the burden on medical facilities around the world and specifically in countries who need it most. The event takes place July 11 at TheLab@everett.
Here are more highlights from the GeekWire Calendar:
- Playtest NW: An event where anyone can come to play indie tabletop games and give feedback to the creators at Blue Highway Games in Seattle; 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 6
- Intro to Data Science: Plan Your Vacation: A workshop where you’ll learn how to use machine learning to make travel planning easier at The Pioneer Collective in Seattle; 6:30 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, July 9.
- Women’s Pitch Night: A workshop where women can pitch their companies and get feedback at WeWork in Seattle; 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, July 10
- Marketing BS with Edward Nevraumont: A presentation about how to avoid mistakes in marketing at the Coterie Worklounge in Seattle; 6 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, July 10.
- Intro to Data Science: Predictive Modeling: A workshop about machine learning at The Pioneer Collective in Seattle; 6:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, July 10.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Concert: A Seattle Symphony concert featuring music from the film at Benaroya Hall in Seattle; 7:30 p.m., Friday, July 12, Saturday, July 13 and Sunday, July 14.