Ah, summer in the Pacific Northwest. There’s nothing quite like it.
From the stunning Mount Constitution vistas on Orcas Island to the urban trails of Seattle’s Discovery Park to the extreme beauty of the Pasayten Wilderness area, Washington state has a little bit of everything for lovers of the outdoors. But the pristine natural wonders shouldn’t be taken for granted, especially as the population swells in part due to the booming tech economy.
That’s why GeekWire and ALLtech are forming a team for this year’s Hike-a-Thon, supporting the Washington Trails Association during the month of August.
So, strap on those hiking boots, grab the binoculars and join our “Geeks on Trails” team.
The money we raise will support a robust trail ecosystem in Washington state, while also encouraging families to enjoy the outdoors. The vision of the Washington Trails Association is one we can certainly rally behind: Trails for Everyone, Forever.
Joining the Geeks on Trails team is simple, and open to everyone. If you love hiking and the outdoors, simply follow these steps.
- Go here to join the Geeks on Trails team.
- Select “Join a Team” and choose Geeks-on-Trails.
- Registration costs $20 and includes the 2019 Hike-a-Thon T-shirt.
- Set up a personalized fundraising webpage.
- Invite sponsors and easily track your fundraising progress.
- Use email and social tools to get your campaign going.
- Every sponsor who gives you $50 or more will automatically receive membership in WTA.
- Don’t forget to share your progress using: #Hikeathon #GeeksOnTrails
There’s more info about the Hike-a-Thon in this FAQ.
Want to learn more about the Washington Trails Association? Check out this video. Also, make sure to join us on Aug. 1 for the Hike-a-Thon kick off at Discovery Park in Seattle at 7 a.m.
We are excited to partner with ALLtech — GeekWire’s longtime health insurance partner for emerging technology companies — on this fun summer activity. We hope to see you on some beautiful Washington trails in August!