In this episode of Geared Up, Andru Edwards and I discuss the FaceTime bug that allowed iPhone users to eavesdrop on the person they called, reports of a new gaming subscription service from Apple, the minimalist phone trend, signs of new iPads and a seventh-generation iPod touch, and a foldable phone from Samsung.
Plus, if you’re doing some last-minute TV shopping ahead of Super Bowl Sunday, Andru has some recommendations for you.
Listen to the latest Geared Up podcast above, and watch the archived livestream below for a behind-the-scenes look at the recording.
Subscribe to Geared Up in your favorite podcast app. We stream the recordings live from Seattle on Andru’s YouTube channel (youtube.com/gearlive) and GeekWire’s Facebook page. Tune in to the livestreams on Tuesdays during the noon hour (PT). Jake Greene runs the live stream, and Jim Valley edits the show.
Featured in this week’s episode:
- Woman claims she alerted Apple about FaceTime eavesdropping bug days ago, shares video evidence
- Apple Plans Gaming Subscription Service: Sources
- Apple reportedly making a 7th-gen iPod touch and new iPads
- References to New iPads and 7th-Generation iPod Touch Found in iOS 12.2
- Galaxy X: Price, specs, rumored March release date for Samsung’s foldable phone
- Best Super Bowl TV Deals 2019 & 4K TV Tech Explained!
- Light Phone 2 (Indiegogo)
- Verizon Palm