Our biggest event of the year — the 2019 GeekWire Summit — is one week away. Many of you are already on board, and we’re looking forward to seeing you next week for what promises to be another informative, entertaining and inspiring show.
But if you’ve been sitting on the fence, now’s the time to grab those tickets, and join nearly 1,000 tech, business, science, health, non-profit and governmental leaders for a deep discussion about the future. We’ve got a lot cooking from Oct. 7-9 in downtown Seattle. We hope you’ll join us for live journalism, fun parties, new connections, and valuable insights into some of the most important issues facing technology and the world.
Here are five reasons you really should attend.
- More than 65 world-class speakers, including inspiring inventors, renowned scientists and key executives from some of the planet’s most innovative companies. We’ll be talking about privacy with Microsoft president Brad Smith; economics with Steve Ballmer; artificial intelligence with Amazon devices chief Dave Limp; the future of food with chef Tom Douglas; and learning how to build impactful organizations with University of Washington president Ana Mari Cauce and DreamBox Learning CEO Jessie Woolley-Wilson.
- The Future of Health: We’ll get the inside scoop on the intersection of big data, technology, health and life sciences with a separate stage devoted to health tech on Oct. 8, the Regence Health Tech Track. Panels include: Power to the Patient: Telemedicine, Digital Health and the Consumerization of Health Care; and The Quest for Personalized Medicine.
- The Elevator Pitch finals and Inventions We Love: Two of our favorite Summit activities return to the main stage, the finals of the Elevator Pitch startup competition, presented by PACCAR, in which four entrepreneurs compete for startup glory; and our fun geek show-and-tell, Inventions We Love, with innovative gadgets and the people who made them.
- Retro Gaming and a mac-n-cheese bar: The kickoff party on the evening of Oct. 7 at Flyhomes will feature prizes, giveaways, retro games, beverages and a Beecher’s mac-n-cheese bar. Connect with Summit attendees in the shadow of Seattle’s Great Wheel on the revitalized downtown waterfront.
- Connections: Now in its eighth year, the Summit has always been about connections. Meet a business partner, a potential employee, an investor, a future board member, a journalist or just laugh and have fun with your geeky new friends. Help us break down the Seattle Freeze!
We hope to see you at this year’s Summit, presented by Bank of America.