GeekWire is spending the week at Microsoft’s annual Build developer’s conference, where the company is pitching its cloud and enterprise offerings and announcing a slew of new initiatives and products.
On this special episode of the GeekWire podcast, taped live at Build, GeekWire Editor Todd Bishop and Cloud and Enterprise Editor Tom Krazit sit down with Scott Guthrie, the head of Microsoft’s Cloud + AI Division, to talk intelligent edge, the future of cloud and more.
They also speak with Mixed Reality GM and Studio Manager Lorraine Bardeen about Microsoft’s path forward in virtual and mixed reality and the new Hololens functionalities the company announced at Build.
Listen to the full episode on the player below, or subscribe to the GeekWire podcast in your favorite podcast app to hear every episode of the show.
Read more coverage of Microsoft Build:
- Microsoft commits $25M over 5 years for new ‘AI for Accessibility’ initiative to help people with disabilities
- Microsoft improves Azure Cosmos DB on its birthday, and opens its Kubernetes service to all
- Microsoft’s Project Kinect for Azure is a package of sensors for IoT applications
- Is Azure the cloud for the internet of things? Microsoft doubles down at Build
- Drone deal: Microsoft partners with DJI to develop new aerial Internet of Things technologies
- Microsoft and Amazon show Alexa-Cortana integrations for first time
- Some Windows developers will get to keep more app revenue, as Microsoft reduces its cut