That’s at least according to Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai. IGN spotted the company’s boss in an article from The Times saying that “Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?”
Rumors have swirled for the past months about next-gen consoles and both Microsoft and Sony are expected to debut new devices either on or before the big E3 video game show in June. While there haven’t been many details about specifics, it wouldn’t be surprising to see the next Xbox utilize your entire living room with ‘IllumiRoom’ technology.
Nintendo, meanwhile, recently combined its handheld and console divisions in order to keep pace with competitors.
Reach staff reporter Taylor Soper at email@example.com or on Twitter @Taylor_Soper
- key specs
- reviews • 11
- Game formatOptical disc, Downloadable
- Online featuresMultiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity250 GB
- Controller typeWired, Wireless
- Motion controlsAccelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputsHDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One