While we’ve been watching the sky and waiting for drone deliveries from Amazon, the tech giant came at us from the ground this week with the launch of “Scout,” an autonomous delivery robot that looks like a cooler on wheels.
GeekWire’s Todd Bishop, Monica Nickelsburg and Kurt Schlosser discuss that story and more in this week’s episode of The Week in Geek. We also take a look at the app that helped new U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s election effort in New York. And, has Bill Belichick’s Microsoft Surface tablet landed yet? The New England Patriots head coach gave it quite a toss during the NFL playoffs.
Listen to the episode above, and continue reading for links to the stories we discussed on the show.
- Amazon rolls out autonomous package-delivery robot ‘Scout’ to a test area north of Seattle
- The app that helped Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez get elected is spreading to progressive campaigns across the country
- Patriots survive against Chiefs to reach Super Bowl, but coach’s Microsoft Surface takes a beating
- Coming up on Numbers Geek: a conversation with Seattle Storm legend Sue Bird
- Register for the GeekWire Bash … and bring your kids!
Podcast produced and edited by Jim Valley.