Every week on the GeekWire Podcast, we go behind-the-scenes of some of the biggest and most interesting stories we’ve been covering from our Seattle newsroom, on the front lines of tech, science, politics and innovation.
Here are our topics on the show this week.
- Seattle City Council member Kshama Sawant, who overcame Amazon’s unprecedented campaign contributions to win another term, tells us what she plans to do now.
- An innovation in solar energy, backed by Bill Gates, promises to dramatically reduce global carbon emissions.
- Amazon’s new smart shelf will reorder office supplies automatically when they’re running low. We ask, is this a good thing?
- We check in on some of the newest tech office spaces in the Seattle region, including Zipwhip, Google, Facebook, Expedia, F5 and others, and learn what they say about how we’re all working now.
- And in the final segment, it’s the return of our Name that Tech Tune contest, with your chance to win a GeekWire t-shirt. After you listen, send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll pick one winner at random from the pool of correct answers.
Listen above, or subscribe to GeekWire in your favorite podcast app.