The geekiest holiday party is just around the corner. We’ve got a great crowd coming out for the GeekWire Gala, presented by First Tech Federal Credit Union, on Thursday, Dec. 5 at the The Showbox at the Market in the heart of downtown Seattle.
We’ve got a few tickets remaining, so be sure to go here if you’d like to join the fun.
This is one of our favorite events of the year, bringing together 600 party-goers to mingle with old and new friends and dance the night away to the awesome music of KEXP DJ Troy Nelson. Here are the key details you’ll need to know for Thursday night.
Where: The Showbox, 1426 1st Ave, in downtown Seattle near Pike Place Market. Map here.
When: Thursday, Dec. 5, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking and transportation: We all know what Seattle traffic can be like, so make sure to give yourself plenty of time to arrive and check in. We encourage you to bus, take a taxi or use other alternative transportation. If you must drive, there are several parking lots located nearby. Here are the closest parking garages.
Food and drink? Yes and yes. From coffee to beer to signature cocktails. The appetizers will be heavy, but it’s not dinner. No assigned tables, just tasty buffets and awesome conversation all evening.
Do I need to bring my printed tickets for the Gala? Nope, just show up at the 1st Ave entrance of The Showbox and our registration staff will take care of you.
Does my ticket include a plus one? No, each individual must have purchased a pass to enter the Gala.
Are tickets still available? Yes, a limited number of tickets are still available, so make sure to invite a friend, colleague or co-worker to join the fun. Tickets available on the registration page here.
Attire: You have the rare license to don cocktail attire, or whatever you want for that matter. Tuxedos? Sure. Geeky T-shirts? Yep. Or, just get in the spirit and come dressed as Frosty, one of Santa’s little elves or your favorite Star Wars character from the ice planet Hoth. The photo booth, presented by Moz, will offer plenty of opportunities to showcase your sweet duds. And we will capture all of the outfits on the red carpet, presented by WestRiver Group.
Identification: The GeekWire Gala is a 21+ event, and all attendees must have valid identification in order to enter the party. Please have ID ready for entry.
Other activities at the Gala:
- Two lucky geeks will arrive at the Gala in fashionable style as part of the third-annual Geek Style Reboot, presented by Nordstrom. See their reboot first-hand as they come on stage around 8 p.m.
- The GeekWire Gala Ugly Sweater/Festive Holiday attire spirit contest, with the winner chosen live on stage. Alaska Airlines will be giving away two roundtrip tickets to the lucky winner.
- KEXP DJ Troy Nelson will get the dance party moving from the First Tech DJ booth.
- New this year: A special karaoke lounge located on the lower level of the Showbox.
- Strike a pose on the WestRiver Group Red Carpet as you arrive, then snap your own silly shots in the Moz photo booth.
- Enjoy a late night surprise snack from our partners at Slalom.
GeekWire Member Giveaway: Thanks to our friends at Sonos, one lucky GeekWire Member will be ready for a dance party anywhere, anytime with a new Move speaker. Want to attend the Gala (and other great GeekWire events in 2020) as a GeekWire Member and throw your hat in the ring? Check out all the perks and join GeekWire’s membership program today.
Hashtags: #GWGala is the primary hashtag for the evening.
You can purchase tickets here: