-There might not be any snow on the ground just yet, but Seattle’s Pacific Science Center will have plenty of it starting Dec. 21. A special installation called Snowzone will be on display until Jan. 5. The space will feature a special mixture of light and sound installations along with plenty of the powdery stuff that guests can use to build forts and even have snowball fights.
– For lots of people, the holidays go hand in hand with board games. Blue Highway Games is throwing a beer tasting into the mix with Beer and Board Games at their store on Dec. 21. Attendees will get the chance to sample three beers while sitting down to enjoy some new and classic board games.
Here are more highlights from the GeekWire Calendar:
- Partner Power Hour: Living the Dream: A presentation from a longtime developer about his career at Code Fellows in Seattle; 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m., Friday, Dec. 20.
- Artist’s Choice Laser White Stripes: A laser show featuring music by The White Stripes at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle; 9 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 21.
- May the Forks Be with You: A Star Wars-themed day at The Melting Pot in Bellevue, 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 22.
- Video Game Tap Takeover: A Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. tournament at Capitol Cider in Seattle; 7:30 to 10 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 25.
[Editor’s Note: The location of the Star Wars-themed event at The Melting Pot has been corrected since publication.]For more upcoming events, check out the GeekWire Calendar, where you can find meetups, conferences, startup events, and geeky gatherings in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Organizing an event? Submit details here.