— The 50th anniversary celebration of the moon landing continues at the Museum of Flight with the Lunar Block Party, July 19-21. The event is set to include various educational and entertainment events including demos of space team exploration, a rebroadcast of the original moon landing footage, and science activities for kids such as the STEM Moonshot LEGO build. The event will also feature concerts by American Idol winners and Britishmania, a Beatles tribute band.
— The Nintendo Switch Road Trip is making its local stop at Seattle Center on July 19. The Road Trip features Nintendo’s semi-truck full of Switch consoles where you can try out new Switch games. The event also includes tournaments and photo opportunities.
Here are more highlights from the GeekWire Calendar:
- Living with Tech: Art: A presentation from the cofounders of OPEN studio who worked on a variety of art installations, including two at the Amazon Spheres at the Living Computers Museum + Labs in Seattle; 6 to 9 p.m., Thursday, July 18.
- AoA: Don’t Confuse Sales with Marketing: A presentation about marketing strategies for startups at K&L Gates in Seattle; 12 to 1 p.m., Friday, July 19.
- Intro to Breadboarding: A workshop where you can learn how to build computers from household items at the Living Computers Museum + Labs in Seattle; 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturday, July 20.
- Selling Your Startup Panel: A panel discussing strategies for successfully selling a startup at Atlas Workbase in Seattle; 5 to 7 p.m., Monday, July 22.
- Plant Geek Trivia: A combination of trivia and board games supporting Plant Amnesty at Lagunitas Taproom in Seattle; 6:30 to 8 p.m., Monday, July 22.
- Expanding the Product Portfolio: A panel discussion about why and how companies pursue new products at The Columbia Tower in Seattle; 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, July 23.
- Japan Seattle AI Innovation Meetup: A chance for local tech companies to explore business opportunities with Japanese companies at The Central Library in Seattle; 1 to 5 p.m., Thursday, July 25.