— How did Outlook’s mobile app reach 100 million users since launching in 2015? Hear from Outlook Mobile team leader and longtime Microsoft employee Michael Palermiti talk about his learnings at the latest Products That Count event at Mixpanel HQ in Seattle; 6 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 8.
— The world’s biggest technology conference happens in just a couple of weeks, and GeekWire will be there. The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is now in its 53rd year and showcases the latest advances in consumer-facing tech, from smartphones and TVs to a device that blow-dries your dog. CES takes place in Las Vegas from Jan. 7-10. Email email@example.com and let us know if you’ll be there!
Here are more highlights from the GeekWire Calendar:
- Hardware Happy Hour: A monthly meetup for hardware developers and enthusiasts at Postdoc Brewing Company in Redmond; 7 to 9 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 2.
- Winter Fishtival: A multi-day event that features special talks, hands-on activities, performances, and more at the Seattle Aquarium in Seattle, Dec. 26 – Jan. 5
- Fandom PDX: A comic book and pop culture convention at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel in Portland, OR; Saturday, Jan. 4 and Sunday, Jan. 5.
- Seattle Aerospace BBQ: A party celebrating all things aerospace at Jack’s BBQ SODO in Seattle; 4 to 7 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4.
- Learn to Lead without Self Doubt: A workshop designed for emerging leaders at Galvanize in Seattle, 6 to 8 p.m., Monday, Jan. 6.
- 1 Million Cups Seattle: A weekly meetup where early-stage entrepreneurs present their businesses and get feedback at The Collective in Seattle; 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 8
- There Is No Right Answer: Product Planning: A talk by a Twitch executive about best practices in product planning at The Product School in Seattle; 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 8.
- Video Game Tap Takeover: A bi-weekly video game tournament at Capitol Cider in Seattle; 7:30 to 10 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 8.