Art in the 21st Century: When we think about art, most people think of static paintings hanging on a wall in a museum or a sculpture that stands outside of a civic building or in a park. But just like how technology has shifted the way we do almost everything in life, it’s also having an impact on artists and how they go about their craft.
The MIT Enterprise Forum Northwest will be holding an event all about what art might look like in the future. The Future of Art: Art in the 21st Century will include a panel with local artists, both visual and musical, who are using modern technology in their creations.
The event will also feature a pop-up gallery showcasing the art of the panelists, as well as other prominent Seattle artists. This event takes place on Wednesday Jan. 16 from 6 to 8 p.m. at The Summit on Pike in Seattle.
Are you a podcast creator or listener? Most of us are, and there’s an event designed to celebrate podcasting in all its forms. PodCon 2 will feature live shows, panels, performances and everything else related to podcasting in an accessible and fun-filled environment. The event takes place Jan. 19 and 20 at the Washington State Convention Center.
Here are more highlights from the GeekWire Calendar.
- PlaytestNW Board Game Event: A chance to meet board game designers and give feedback on their new games at Wayward Coffee Shop in Seattle; 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday, January 20.
- UW Intelligence in Data Symposium: An event focused on machine learning and AIder Auditorium at the University of Washington in Seattle; 1 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 22
- Startup Pitch Deconstruction: A workshop where companies can give a one-minute pitch to the audience and get feedback on their performance at the University of Washington Comotion Innovation Center in Seattle; 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan 22.
- The 7th AI NEXTcon: A 4-day technology conference focused on AI, featuring speakers from Microsoft, Google, Pinterest, Amazon, and Facebook as well as others at the Meydenbaur Convention Center in Bellevue; Jan. 23-26.
- Seattle Startup and Tech Mixer: A networking event at Optimism Brewing Company in Seattle; 6 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 24.
- Final Friday VR Event: An informal after-hours event where you can learn about VR and try out some games at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle; 6:30 to 10:20 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25.