If you’ve been to the doctor or hospital recently, you’ve probably noticed the gadgets and machines in the room are more advanced than they were just a few years ago. Technology is changing everything, and healthcare is no different. Life Science Washington will be spending an afternoon talking about using augmented and artificial intelligence in many realms of healthcare from patient-focused services to advanced research. This event takes place from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 13 at the Fujifilm SonoSite in Bothell.
A common mistake many startups make is rushing a product out the door without doing enough research to make sure that product will resonate with its audience. If your company is getting ready to release a product, you might want to attend a free presentation from 12 to 1 p.m. on Feb. 15. The talk will be given by Magali Dieny Eaton from the University of Washington’s CoMotion Innovation Lab, and she’ll discuss how to pinpoint your audience and deliver something they really want.
Here are some more highlights from the GeekWire Community Calendar:
- Science in the City: Women in STEM: A panel about the challenges that still face bringing young women into the fields of STEM the Pacific Science Center in Seattle; 7:30 to 9 p.m Tuesday, Feb. 5.
- Game Development The Musical Staged Reading: A public reading of a musical production about game development at The Univerity of Washington in Seattle; 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8 and 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9.
- PNAA’s 18th Annual Aerospace Conference: A conference about the upcoming challenges in the aerospace industry at the Lynwood Convention Center in Lynwood; 8 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 14.
- New Tech Northwest: Women in Tech: A meeting where that will focus on the challenges and successes of women working in the tech sector at Thinkspace in Seattle; 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12.
- Neo DevCon 2019: A 2-day conference focused on blockchain and the smart economy at The Hyatt Regency in Seattle; 9 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 16 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 17.
- Calculating Dilution: A presentation about outside funding and stock dilution at the University of Washington CoMotion Innovation Lab in Seattle; 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.