Black Friday and Cyber Monday (or “the turkey five,” as Amazon calls the post-Thanksgiving shopping season) are done, and with it came some interesting news.
Apple had a rough weekend, with its stock falling considerably, and Geared Up co-host Todd Bishop was surprised by the second biggest seller on Black Friday: His daughter’s favorite toy, the LOL Surprise! Dolls.
We dig into all the Black Friday news on this weeks show, including a hands-on demonstration of the LOL Surprise! Doll experience.
While the headphones got a thumbs up from the co-hosts, they were more hesitant when it comes to the microwave. It successfully reheated Todd’s lunch (a frozen burrito) but co-host Andru Edwards was skeptical that it adds any real value to a home. Plus, the material is distinctly cheap and the size and power aren’t very impressive.
Listen to the full episode in the player below or subscribe in your favorite podcast app to get every episode.
This week’s stories:
- Alexa, heat up our leftovers: GeekWire gives Amazon’s new voice-controlled microwave a spin
- Hands-on with the $350 Surface Headphones: Why is Microsoft making them, and are they any good?
- Big Black Friday winners: The LOL Suprise! Dolls
- Microsoft on the cusp of passing Apple to become the most-valuable U.S. company
- Trump says consumers ‘could stand’ 10 percent tariff on iPhones
- As rumored, iPhone XR price drops by ~$100 at Japanese carrier over two year contract