Thousands of Amazonians are expected to descend on CenturyLink Field in Seattle this weekend for the tech giant’s annual employee picnic. Billed as “Camp Amazon,” the two-day affair will include a wide range of family friendly activities.
The football/soccer stadium and the events center next door will be divided into smaller camps including:
- Art Camp, for arts and crafts, face painting and a performance stage.
- Sports Camp, for kicking field goals, hula hoop instruction, soccer drills and traditional picnic games.
- Adventure & Science Camp, featuring an AWS maker space, fireside story time, laser tag and science demos.
- Summer Camp & Beach Boardwalk, with balloon art, climbing walls, toddler play area and video games.
- The Great Outdoors, with camp tattoos, a petting zoo, fishing challenge, and more.
The entertainment schedule will also feature a number of musical acts and other types of performers, including:
- Recess Monkey, Grammy-nominated elementary school teachers who are Amazon Original Music artists.
- Reptile Man, an interactive live reptile show.
- Day Juan, an Amazon rock band formerly known as Juan Direction.
- Vikki Green, a ventriloquist.
- Pig Snout, a Tacoma, Wash.-based family rock band.
- The Not Its, Seattle “kindie rock” quartet.
There will also be a giant LEGO build.
Oh, and a drum circle. Because an event that can accommodate 40,000 Amazonians/Amazonian family members demands synchronized thumping.