The second cohort of startups participating in a sports and entertainment accelerator hosted by the Los Angeles Dodgers and R/GA, a New York-based advertising agency, began their three-month journey this week.
The program accepted applications earlier this year from startups using technology to build sports and entertainment-related products and services. The five participating companies get workspace in R/GA’s Los Angeles offices, access to mentors and support from the Dodgers and R/GA, and $120,000 in funding in exchange for 6 percent equity. The 3-month program ends with a Demo Day in November at Dodger Stadium.
Mentors include people like Dodgers owner and NBA legend Magic Johnson, MLB Advanced Media CEO Bob Bowman, Los Angeles Lakers president Jeanie Buss, and many more.
The companies in the new cohort are working with everything from real-time video for sports teams, content creation tools for brands, and cleaning technology for sports gear.
“We are confident that the combination of a smaller class of growth-stage companies, a customized approach, and the engagement of our partners, the Dodgers organization, and R/GA will drive significant results,” Dodgers’ CFO Tucker Kain said in a statement. “We also see immediate growth opportunities for theprogram companies through collaboration based on the complementary nature of their businesses.”
Here’s a rundown of the new cohort, with descriptions from each company:
- Greenfly transforms the relationships of organizations into powerful networks for content creation and distribution.
- Keemotion enables broadcast partners, professional leagues, and universities from around the world to produce, customize, stream and share professional-quality HD video content live with the push of a button.
- ShotTracker with its innovative “ShotTracker TEAM” solution, affordably captures real-time stats for basketball teams, yielding powerful analytics for coaches, players and fans.
- Renegade creates next-generation, Sweat X branded sports detergent, stain and odor technologies, specifically engineered to meet the needs of today’s high-performance sports apparel and gear, used at the professional, collegiate and youth sports levels.
- WSC Technologies has developed a platform that creates personalized sports videos automatically and in real-time, helping sports leagues and broadcasters to engage fans and monetize their content.