Fresh from hearing what Glenn Beck, Chewbacca Mom and astronauts think about Facebook, CEO Mark Zuckerberg is going to broaden the audience a bit when he conducts a Q&A via Facebook Live for the first time next week.
In a post on Wednesday, Zuckerberg said that Live will allow him to hear from more of the Facebook community and the process will be a lot more interactive. The session is planned for Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. PT.
“We can cover all the big areas you’re interested in — connecting the world, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, live video, entrepreneurship, philanthropy and more,” Zuckerberg wrote.
Zuckerberg invited users to leave questions in the comments and vote on the ones they want him to answer by liking them. He said his team would go through as many as they have time for next week.
So far, the most liked question misses the mark on connecting the world and philanthropy. Maria Kennedy asked if Facebook could “PLEASE give us folders to store stuff and find easily, like recipes.” The question had 449 likes and a bunch of replies telling her how she can already do that.
We’ve highlighted a few more that are getting lots of likes and scrolled through several screens worth to find some gems that deserve an answer (some are edited for brevity):
- Matias Giraud: “What do you see in the future of humanity? Do you see global warming being an issue that is too late to resolve? Do you picture the human race migrating to another planet?” — 354 likes
- David Clinch: “Is it possible to patch together various Facebook Live views of an event to create a “virtual reality” video view of the event in real time?” — 164 likes
- Christopher Santo Zisa: “I would like to talk to you about a creation of a new device. That would change the world of electronic systems. Would you like to talk about it?” — 84 likes
- Nate Bruner: “Hey Mark, this will be a quick question. My friends and I are living in Palo Alto at your old house in Barron Park, we wanted to know which room you stayed in during your stay at 819.” — 6 likes
- Stefan Neff: “Is there a method of healing our past thoughts in our subconscious mind?” — 0 likes
- Mique Tate: “Please, before you worry about getting the Internet all over the world, can you please get it all over the US?” — 0 likes
- Geovanni Rodriguez: “Can you please hire me, I would love to work for you in any area of Facebook!” — 2 likes