The Seattle-born electronic signature company DocuSign released a list on Wednesday of some of the more prominent individual investors the company has picked up over the years. It revealed for the first time backers like skateboard legend Tony Hawk, actor and musician Jared Leto and former McDonalds CEO Don Thompson.
Of course, there were also some tech industry bigwigs thrown into the mix, like Yahoo co-founder and former CEO Jerry Yang, former Adobe CEO Bruce Chizen, VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and SurveyMonkey CEO Bill Veghte.
According to the press release, the 17 backers on the list combined for $30 million worth of individual investments in DocuSign over the course of several years. That’s just a drop in the bucket compared to the total $525 million the company has raised since it was founded by Tom Gonser in Seattle in 2003.
DocuSign’s corporate backers are equally impressive, including Deutsche Telekom, Dell, Intel Capital, Google Ventures, SAP Ventures, VISA, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung Venture Investment Corporation and Comcast Ventures.
The company, which maintains offices in Seattle and San Francisco, now dominates the electronic signature space and is said to be worth more than $3 billion. It has been rumored to be approaching an IPO for years, and holds the No. 1 spot on the GeekWire 200 list of top startups around Seattle.
It’s also in the middle of a CEO search after Keith Krach, who held the job since 2011, announced plans earlier this month to step down.
Here’s the complete list of prominent investors from DocuSign.
- John Batelle, Founder, Chairman & CEO, NewCo and Founder, Wired and The Industry Standard
- Bruce Chizen, Former CEO, Adobe and Oracle Board Member
- Lew Coleman, Former CFO, Bank of America and Former President & CFO, Dreamworks
- Jim Crown, President, Henry Crown & Company and Director, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Andy Geisse, Former CEO, AT&T Business Solutions
- Pat Gelsinger, CEO, VMware
- Ken Goldman, CFO, Yahoo!
- Jim Hagerman Snabe, Board Member at the World Economic Forum, SAP, Allianz
- Group, Siemens and Danske Bank
- Tony Hawk, Former Professional Athlete
- Jared Leto, Actor, Musician and Producer
- Ram Shriram, Board Member, Google
- Tom Siebel, Chairman & CEO, C3 Energy and Former Chairman and CEO, Siebel Systems
- Richard Smith, CEO, Equifax
- Don Thompson, Former President & CEO, McDonald’s Corporation
- Bill Veghte, CEO, SurveyMonkey and Board Member Xero
- Rick Wagoner, Former Chairman & CEO, General Motors
- Jerry Yang, Co-Founder & Former CEO, Yahoo! Inc.
For much more on DocuSign, here’s a video of our talk with Gonser at the recent GeekWire Summit.