From Silicon Valley to Syracuse to Seattle, entrepreneurs from around the country will spend the next three months in the University District going through an intensive startup bootcamp.
Techstars Seattle today announced the ten new companies in its Class for 2014. The startups will spend the next 90 days receiving mentorship and grooming their business ideas before pitching to a group of investors on Nov. 6.
There were more than 600 companies that applied, with only 1.6 percent of the startups making the cut. There was also a big spike in the number of applicants from San Francisco — 67 percent more than last year, in fact. There were also 86 percent more applications from the Seattle area compared to 2013.
Here are the 10 companies, with information provided by Techstars:
- Colátris (Mountain View, CA): Contextual Localization as a service for mobile apps.
- Crowsnest (Syracuse, NY): Crowsnest is a software platform for the real world — simple code for controlling air conditioners, light bulbs, cameras and everything in between.
- Exploration Labs (San Francisco, CA): Exploration Labs is making a tool for B2B sales teams that provides a cheat sheet on leads.
- Garmentory (Seattle, WA): Garmentory offers curated collections and rich shopping experiences from independent fashion boutiques across the world.
- Live Stories (Seattle, WA): LiveStories builds data tools for non-technical people.
- MagikFlix (Seattle, WA): Magikflix is a safe, curated edutainment video service for kids, 12 years and younger available across all smart devices including iOS, Android, Microsoft app stores and leading kids tablets.
- Stand In (Portland, OR): Stand In redefines how mobile apps are designed. Stand In takes design beyond static screens with tools for designing mobile experiences.
- Streamline (Stanford, CA): Streamlining customer service: No more speaking to machines, no more wait time.
- Touchbase (Seattle, WA): TouchBase is a mobile platform that helps sales representatives manage and present the most effective marketing material.
- True Facet (New York, NY): TrueFacet.com is the authenticated luxury marketplace where you can shop and sell jewelry and watches with confidence. TrueFacet differentiates itself by offering buyers and sellers a trusted authentication process and best value guarantee.