The Spokane-based company says it helps customers “manage water like inventory,” and saves clients like Costco more than 20 percent on their water use with a plug-and-play, real-time monitoring and analytics system.
The four other finalists at the First Look Forum were MetricStory, Proactive Immune Sciences Corp., React Mobile, and VanAir Design. Here’s a look at all the finalists, with descriptions from each company:
- Anera (Vancouver BC) – securely manages telecom service provider’s virtualized wireless core network (SDN / NFV) with hybrid and cloud deployments, which results in an OpEx business model.
- Fun-Da.co (Portland) – created a mobile media engine that connects parents to what their children are playing and watching to create enriching stories and toys that truly engage and educate children.
- MetricStory (Seattle) – MetricStory turns numbers and graphs from Google Analytics into an easily read narrative report, and allows people to understand how their web businesses are performing.
- Proactive Immune Sciences Corp (Vancouver BC) – offers healthy individuals the opportunity to bank their immune cells, giving them a chance to improve their outcomes should they contract cancer or other immune related diseases.
- PurpleWall (Seattle) – is an online platform enabling residents to have their dream room remotely decorated by an interior designer who complements their style and budget.
- React Mobile (Seattle) – transforms the way people call for help in an emergency by providing security and peace of mind at user’s fingertips when it matters most.
- SpeechAce (Seattle) – SpeechAce is an app that teaches correct American English pronunciation and eliminates accents one word at a time.
- Sqoop, Inc. (Mercer Island) – attracts business journalists throughout the country by saving them hours currently spent repetitively searching for story ideas and filtering PR pitches.
- TruMedicines (Sammamish) – is a secure mobile image recognition service that verifies the authenticity of a pharmaceutical.
- Unoceros (Seattle) – turns mobile devices into data-center-like instances for use in high performance computing by rewarding device owners for participation.
- VanAir Design (Vancouver BC) – developed an enhanced interior door that allows air to flow through it while shut, and maintains visual and acoustical privacy in an aesthetic manner.