The City of Seattle is making it easier for on-the-go citizens to check snow plow maps and see the latest news from the Mayor with a new mobile website optimized for smartphones.
Here are some of the features of the mobile-optimized site:
- Crime activity displayed by region
- Power outage maps
- Traffic & road conditions information with access to web camera video feeds and travel times
- Snow plow maps (when snow plows are active)
- News from the Mayor, Council Members and City Attorney
- Seattle Channel Shorts, a series of daily web videos on a variety of Seattle topics
- Live feeds from the Seattle Channel, including some news conferences and every City Council meeting
- Important safety information
To help improve the new site, the City wants feedback from you. You can head to this survey to suggest changes.
“Our mobile site is intended to provide residents with more convenient access to core city services, especially during weather related emergencies,” Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn said in a press release. “Take a look at the site and share your feedback and ideas to help us develop more mobile services.”
Previously on GeekWire: Spellcheck on steroids: City of Seattle implementing WordRake editing software