Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on Seattle 2.0, and imported to GeekWire as part of our acquisition of Seattle 2.0 and its archival content. For more background, see this post.
By Scott Porad
Yes, indeed, you heard that right! It’s time for everybody’s favorite fun game: social hacking!!
You can help the Seattle startup community raise our profile by voting for people from town who are vying to present at the event. With over 3,600 people having submitted ideas for presentations or panels, every vote makes a difference. (Seriously, if you don’t think every other city in the world is hacking the system to promote their startups, then I have a bridge in West Seattle to sell you!)
Here’s what you to do:
- First, follow the links below to vote for Seattle startuppers who have submitted panels and presentation to SXSW. It will take you a few minutes, but follow all the links and vote for all of them.
- Next, tweet/post/share/blog/smokesignal this article, so that all your followers/friends/subscribers/neighbors will read this article and do the same.
- Finally, give yourself a high-five–you’re awesome for doing your part for Seattle!
The list of panels and presentations is below, and they’re presented in alphabetical order to avoid playing favorites. (If you have a panel that you’d like added to this list, send an e-mail to email@example.com and I’ll add it to the list.)
- All this data and you still don’t know X#$% , Ellie Fields, Tableau Software
- An inside look at BigDoor’s venture funding , Keith Smith, BigDoor and Andy Sack, Lighter Capital
- Android App Tracking , Peter Hamilton, HasOffers
- Banded Together: Touring as a Standup Comedy Group , Julie Seabaugh, Brown Paper Tickets
- Brands & Memes: A Match Made in Heaven? , Todd Sawicki, Cheezburger
- Change Makers: How Nonprofits Create Change Online , Laura Kimball, Jolkona
- Community Radio Boom , Sabrina Roach, Brown Paper Tickets
- Consumer-Driven Health Data is a Gift to be Earned , Russell Benaroya, EveryMove
- Data is Sexier than Sex… And I’ll Prove It , Amy Schneider, Tableau Software
- Die or Become a Next-Generation Media Company , Ben Elowitz, WetPaint
- The Future of eCommerce Pricing , Oren Etzioni, UW and Mike Fridgen, Decide
- The Joy of Meetings: interaction, not slides , Elissa Fink – Tableau Software
- Liberating Data with Interactive Charts , Ross Perez, Tableau Software
Platforms and Players in Music Discovery, Kyle Kesterson, Giant Thinkwell
- Sex, games , rock & roll. Engagement & Pleasure , Keith Smith, BigDoor
- Show me the Money: Helping Non-profits survive! , Daniel Todd, GlobalMojo
- Successful Onboarding: Deliver Code Then See the Bathroom , Scott Porad, Cheezburger
- Why Memes? Why Now? , Ben Huh, Cheezburger
- Audience-Centric Media: Wants and Needs in News , Adrian Klein, Evri
- Avoiding Deliverability Landmines , Dave Fowler, Marketfish
- Better Paywall Strategies , Will Coghlan, TinyPass
- Bringing Sexy Back: List marketing, relevant again , Dave Scott, Marketfish
- Content matters. You can’t bullshit success , Eric Berto, WaggenerEdstrom
- Crowdsourcing innovation at a big company , Mark Briggs, King Broadcasting
- Data is not a Substitute for Good Taste , Michelle Broderick, Uber
- How better well-being creates better companies , David Reeves, Limeade
- What you should be measuring in SM , Eric Berto – WaggenerEdstrom
- You Call That Fun?: How to Develop Engaging Games , Frank Savage, Jumala