Bothell-based HaloSource, a clean water technology company, announced today a $25 million investment round, with 40 percent of that coming from Invesco Perpetual. The company received the other 60 percent from new and existing institutional investors.
HaloSource, founded in 1998, focuses on developing clean technologies for point-of-use water disinfection, antimicrobial coatings and water clarification. In October 2010, HaloSource began trading on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange. They have offices in Bothell, China and India.
“We are delighted to see such strong support from the investment community, both from our existing and also new shareholders” CEO Martin Coles said in a press release. “Having the flexibility in our balance sheet to continue to execute against our strategy and grow the company really sets the stage for what’s to come. We have a very large base of scientific knowledge, technology know-how and IP which we look forward to bringing to market in the coming months and years across all our businesses.”
Founded in 1997, HaloSource raised $9 million from Alexander Hutton Venture Partners, Montlake Capital and Britannia Holdings Ltd. in 2002 when Vanson and HaloSource merged. The company later went on to raise about $50 million from investors including Mars Inc., Unilever Technology Ventures, Masdar Clean Technology Fund and Credit Suisse.
Reach staff reporter Taylor Soper at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @Taylor_Soper