Forget the flowers and candy…If you’re looking for a last-minute Valentine’s idea to make your sweetheart swoon, these handmade gifts will surely win you some romance bonus points. These ideas are memorable, affordable, and sustainable, so what’s not to love?
Find a project below that speaks to your unique geek and put your own creative spin on it.
- Create a pair of touch screen friendly gloves with conductive thread to keep your tech geek typing away on those cold Seattle days.
- Send your geek on a Binary Code Scavenger Hunt to spice things up.
- Create a sweet scratch-off photo valentine with paint, soap and a Polaroid. I tried this project and it definitely works wonders! (See more photos below.)
- Blow kisses to your boo eternally with a creative flip book that can be made in an afternoon.
- This minimalist pixelated popup card will impress even the most design-savvy geek.
- Tell him “Yoda Best” with these gorgeous handmade cards.
- Surprise your sweetie with breakfast in bed and heart shaped eggs!
- Create homemade fortune cookies with secret messages inside.
- If your geek loves bicycles they will get a kick out of this heart shaped bike chain.
- Romantic and reusable magnetic chalkboard hearts will never be forgotten.
Story and photography below by Annie Laurie Malarkey. See this site for more of her work. Do you have a cool project or creation you’d like to share with the GeekWire community? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org about being featured in Geek Made.