If so, join the GeekWire team and 2,000 Seattle area geeks on March 7th for the annual GeekWire Bash — the most unique and fun event on the Seattle tech calendar. Presented by First Tech Federal Credit Union, the Bash is now open to geeks of all ages.
Grab tickets here, and join the GeekWire team for robotics, video games, virtual reality, sumo wrestling and a zipline. A limited number of spots in the ping pong and foosball tournaments are available here.
The GeekWire Bash is a great team building activity whether strategizing over tabletop games, soaring through the air on the zipline or cheering each other on in other offbeat activities. Group tickets available here.
Some of this year’s featured activities:
—Get a sumo face ready and try to not hit the mat, thanks to sumo sponsor NTT
—Bring kids to explore the new Junior Geek Zone featuring STEM-oriented activities.
—Pop into the open play ping pong area.
—DJ Morgan of KEXP will keep the energy high from the First Tech DJ Booth.
—Tabletop gaming is back with partners at Meeples Games providing intro Magic lessons and sharing their mobile game library.
—Dodgeball meets laser tag in a virtual world: Be one of the first to experience multi-player arena VR at the VRcade by Virtual Sports.
—Watch more than 200 kids in 4th to 8th grades compete with their autonomous robots in the first annual GeekWire Robotics Cup!
Here are more highlights from the GeekWire Calendar:
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Festival: A full-day celebration of the best science fiction and fantasy films of the past year at the SIFF Cinema Egyptian in Seattle; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m Saturday, March 9.
- Getting women to land and stay in tech jobs continues to be a challenge despite active efforts. The Seattle International Women’s Day Event is a place where women and men can gather to celebrate women in tech. This year’s theme is “You Can’t Be What You Can’t See” and hopes to bring visibility to women leading successful careers in the technology sector, hopefully leading to more interest among younger women to enter the field. This event is free to the public and takes place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. on March 8.
- Negotiating for Success: Conversations with Leaders: A presentation from industry leaders in a number of fields at Google in Kirkland; 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday, March 11.
- North Seattle Tech Talks: Surviving Technical Interviews: A presentation of techniques about content and even body language in technical interviews at North Seattle College in Seattle; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, March 11.
- Startup Boot Camp: A presentation offering advice for entrepreneurs interested in the Life Sciences at the Agora Conference Center in Seattle; 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 13.
- Star Trek: The Next 50 Years: A presentation by Mark Altman author of the two-volume History of Star Trek, takes a look at where the franchise might be headed in the future at the ACT Theater in Seattle; 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 14.