Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on Seattle 2.0, and imported to GeekWire as part of our acquisition of Seattle 2.0 and its archival content. For more background, see this post.
By Matt Paulin
I picked out 10 ideas that came up. I’m not claiming that these haven’t been done before or that they are fantastic ideas. But, we had fun generating them and they could provide a starting point for your next big idea.
- Energy Bill Map : You can see your neighbors power consumption on a google map. They can see yours as well.
- Appliance Blue Tooth Energy Report : Appliances could have this blue tooth standard. Using a blue tooth device they can tell you their power consumption easily
- Instant Conversation Subject : It a mobile app that gives you some conversation starters. This is to help people talk about something different from what they usually think about.
- Green Screen Adspace : Use a green screen at events so the ad can be swapped in later.
- Real time Micro Sponsorship : Micro sponsorship/advertising in real-time, such as on video games, in live recorded broadcast video. Possible ad placement could be auctioned off as the event unfolds.
- Community Power Efficiency Competition : Designate city wide neighborhood boundaries. Then track the power for the community. Make this information obvious. (in the news?) Whichever community improves their power consumption the best gets a prize. i.e. free power for a while
- Celsius Day! : One day of the year we only use Celsius. Weathermen, news papers, and teachers. Think “talk like a pirate day”, but for promoting the metric system.
- Blue tooth bike security : A device for your bike that records when its being tampered with. You can use your phone to view its log.
- QR Code discounts : QR Codes in public places. If you scan them, they could have a secret coupon. On the flip side the advertiser knows how effective the public sign is.
- 3rd Eye QR Reader : A QR reader that constantly looks for QR codes and stores that information via bluetooth to my phone
Hope these ideas get you thinking in a different direction. Perhaps we will see you at the next idea sprint.