Yapta’s mission is simple: To give our customers confidence in travel. To that end, we are one of the world’s leading companies for fare transparency and cost savings. We analyze billions of rates every month, and turn all that data into meaningful notifications and reports. We provide automated services for corporate travelers to save money, by tracking prices on airline tickets and hotels, and sending alerts when prices drop.
We were recently named to Deloitte’s Fast 500, are highly profitable, and have grown 400% in the past 4 years. Our team is fast paced and focused, but we maintain a healthy work/life balance and have fun. We value integrity, flexibility, accountability, drive, and collaboration.
Are you excited about the convergence of technology and travel? Do you want to be a part of a cohesive agile team? Do you fall asleep thinking about indexes, transforms, and solutions for streaming data ingest? Come help us build our cutting-edge data platform, powering insights used by some of the biggest brands in the world.
How you’ll succeed on the team:
- You’re passionate about getting at data and creating high quality, easy to consume views into that data
- You continually improve by learning from others, and you jump in when a teammate could use your help
- You care about your customers, and understand how your data contributes to the goals of the business
- You have an agile mindset, and are comfortable refining vague requirements
- You can sense miscommunications among team members, and do your part to improve understanding
- You thrive in and contribute to a positive work environment, where everyone shares constructive thoughts and suggestions
Requirements: (Must have experience to be eligible for consideration.)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional software development experience in a hands-on data-centric role in data engineering, architecture, streaming or warehousing is REQUIRED.
- Experience with at least one modern server-side language (such as Python, Java, or similar) is REQUIRED.
- Experience with at least one relational database technology (MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL, etc.) is REQUIRED.
- Proficient with SQL is REQUIRED.
Preferred Experience: (Very helpful skills as they will be important in this role.)
- Familiarity with cloud services and infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Familiarity with columnar store databases (Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience building out data ingest pipelines
- Experience building out or working within Extract, Load, Transform / Data Lake architectures
- Comfortable working with a mix of structured & unstructured data from a variety of sources is preferred
- Experience with schema design
- Experience with Spark, DataFrames, pandas a big plus
- Experience transforming partially or fully unstructured data into more easily queryable formats
- Experience tuning databases for performance
- Experience working in an agile environment such as Scrum or Kanban
- Knowledge of machine learning tools & concepts a plus
What we offer:
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Our sole focus is to save our customers money. Founded in 2007, Yapta is guided by technology experts and veterans of the travel management industry. We know what it’s like to balance travel budgets, wondering whether it’s better to book now or wait and see. To find the greatest savings, we developed FareIQ TM and RoomIQ TM Intelligent Price Tracking TM services for corporate travel and Yapta price tracking technology for personal travel. We’re delighted with the results. We’ve tracked pricing on millions of flights, executed billions of price checks and identified over $550 million in savings for travelers.