We are looking for a talented engineer to fill our Game Developer role. If you have experience shipping multi-platform games built in Unity or HTML5, cringe at the thought of deeply nested prefabs, and have a mindset of “develop once, deploy everywhere”, then you may be the right fit to help us shape the future of our web and mobile games.
• Designs, implements, and maintains game systems, tools, and pipelines using Unity3D with a focus on WebGL and mobile platforms.
• Creates robust, long-lived, content-agnostic gameplay components with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross-platform feature fidelity.
• Develops gameplay systems and components with a focus on highly reusable and tunable elements to aid in rapid prototyping of new and existing games
• Helps set performance targets and optimizes performance for mobile devices and web browsers.
• Provides technical guidance in areas of specialization and assists other engineers with technical questions.
• Works with product owners to ensure best practices are followed, that include cost effectiveness, timely and accurate app development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• At least 1 shipped mobile or web game
• Goal-oriented pro-active self-starter with ability to work independently and approach challenges with a high degree of adaptability.
• Must be a team player.
• Native development: Android OR iOS
• Back end development; cross platform persistent user data
• Analytics tracking/reporting, using Google Analytics, Google Firebase or similar
• Experience working with or leading external development teams
About WildTangent, Inc.
At WildTangent, we build technology that delights consumers and helps partners grow their businesses. We began by building the world’s largest online games service in 1998. Today, we have installed over 20 billion apps on Android and Windows devices and continue to expand our ecosystem of app and mobile device partners.
We’re all about innovation, collaboration and the start-up spirit! Join our team of outside-the-box thinkers and push yourself to a new level. Challenge the status quo and help us accomplish our goals. Regardless of your role, you’ll thrive in our high-energy, fun culture.
This is a regular, full-time position which offers excellent health insurance benefits(medical/dental/vision/life/disability), 401(k), and generous PTO.