Whitepages, founded in 1997, helps you contact, research and verify people in your world. More than 30 million people per month use our people search engine to get in touch with extended friends and family, research backgrounds and verify that people are who they say. Whitepages identify verification is also used by leading companies including Jet Blue, Lego and Intuit to prevent fraudulent transactions while delivering great online experiences.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer- Backend to work in our Seattle office, who thrives on designing, coding and maintaining high performance services and applications. You will be building, scaling and maintaining our backend microservices that support our high scale web site (with 30 million users per month) and our business-to-consumer services. Our ideal candidate would have deep experience designing and building services and internal APIs using the most fitting tools, and the passion to champion new and exciting technologies to solve Whitepages’ unique and challenging problems.
This role will allow you to work in a small team and where you are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should have the desire to grow and learn in an environment where you are valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams’ beliefs.
Our ideal Sr. Software Engineer- Backend will have:
- A passion for building scalable web services
- Proven experience building highly scalable and available production web services starting from the data storage layer
- A desire to own design and architecture end to end
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant software development
Our ideal Sr Software Engineer- Backend will be:
- Knowledgeable of data storage and processing systems and web service APIs;
- Fluent in one or more high level languages like Python, Ruby, etc
- Able to write clean code that works, is readable, maintainable and follows best practices and coding standards, on schedule
- Deeply versed in internet protocols and standards
- Knowledgeable of scaling techniques (caching, queues, consistency, etc.).
Extra points if you have:
- Experience with both SQL and databases
- Deployed services to the cloud (especially using AWS services)
- Built, deployed, and managed docker and Kubernetes based services
- Extensive experience with *nix
Combine all this with a dynamic, can-do culture, and Whitepages is a pretty awesome place to work for folks who want to have impact. We are a small team with a passion for what we do, and we keep our employees at the center of our mission. We host weekly events, including catered lunches and happy hours, enjoy unlimited vacation, keep a fully stocked kitchen, and work in some great cities, with headquarters in downtown Seattle and an office in Budapest, Hungary.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to spend your days, then visit us at: http://about.whitepages.com/. Whitepages Inc. prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer.
Whitepages, founded in 1997, helps you contact, research and verify people in your world. More than 30 million people per month use our people search engine to get in touch with extended friends and family, research backgrounds and verify that people are who they say. Whitepages identity verification is also used by leading companies including Jet Blue, Lego, and Intuit to prevent fraudulent transactions while delivering great online experiences.