Whitepages Pro provides businesses with global identity verification solutions via enterprise-scale APIs and web tools to help companies identify legitimate customers, prevent fraudulent transactions, and smooth new customer account creation. That means we make a difference for real people, by helping companies identify potential fraudsters and better service their customers.
Whitepages’ core data serves different needs for different customers, and how to measure the quality and effectiveness of our data is not trivial. We are looking for a data analyst with strong planning and communication skills to ensure that each data build improves the value of our data in a quantifiable way.
In the Data Analyst role you will:
- Generate and communicate the standard KPIs and custom data metrics to inform key business decisions. Work with the team and company leadership to improve the metrics as needed
- Own the validation plans for data ingestion builds, participate in validation/comparison reviews
- Build a strong understanding of the data flow, data structure, processing the business logic of the data team and how it impacts our downstream customers (Pro and Consumer)
- Estimate and communicate the impact of various business logic changes for data ingestion
- Estimate the impact of ingesting data provider files via the key metrics that drive business value. Communicate to the team and ensure everyone understands those metrics
- Evaluate prospective data sources
- Run ad-hoc queries as needed
Our ideal Data Analyst will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, analytics, computer science or equivalent
- 2+ years product manager or analyst experience
- Proven effectiveness working with large volume of data using relational databases
- Good SQL and Python skills
- Basic math and stats (extrapolation from sampling, basic distributions) skills
- Spark or Pandas is a plus
This role reports into our Seattle office.
Combine all this with a dynamic, can-do culture, and Whitepages is a pretty awesome place to work for folks who want to have impact. We are a small team with a passion for what we do, and we keep our employees at the center of our mission. We host weekly events, including catered lunches and happy hours, enjoy unlimited vacation, keep a fully stocked kitchen, and work in some great cities, with headquarters in downtown Seattle and an office in Budapest, Hungary.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to spend your days, then visit us at: http://about.whitepages.com/. Whitepages Inc. prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer.
Whitepages, founded in 1997, helps you contact, research and verify people in your world. More than 30 million people per month use our people search engine to get in touch with extended friends and family, research backgrounds and verify that people are who they say. Whitepages identity verification is also used by leading companies including Jet Blue, Lego, and Intuit to prevent fraudulent transactions while delivering great online experiences.