Founded in 1997, Whitepages® is the most trusted identify information provider dedicated to helping you contact, verify and vet people in your world. More than 30 million people and small businesses each month use Whitepages to get in touch with extended friends and family, verify identities and research backgrounds.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer- Backend to work in our Seattle office, who thrives on designing, coding and maintaining high performance services and applications. You will be designing, building, scaling and maintaining our data pipelines and backend microservices that support our high scale web site (with 35MM users per month) and our other business-to-consumer services. You will have experience designing and building data processing pipelines, web services and internal APIs and a passion to work closely with business owners and other developers to solve difficult and challenging problems at high scale.
You will work in a small team where you are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should have the desire to grow and learn in an environment where you are valued and aptly rewarded, where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset, and where innovating and executing are core to your teams’ beliefs.
In the Sr. Software Engineer, Backend role you will:
- Build highly scalable and available production web services
- Design and implement data processing pipelines that can handle very large data sets
- Work to build highly scalable and available production web services starting from the data storage layer
- Own, design, architect and build systems end-to-end for our consumer products including Whitepages.com and Whitepages Premium
- Mentor and develop team members, lead by example on best practices, design and code reviews
- Follow and create best practices for clean code and architecture
Our ideal Sr. Software Engineer will have:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant software development
- Experience in using data storage systems and building web service APIs
- Proven experience building highly scalable and available production web services
- Fluent in one or more high level languages like Scala, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Knowledge of scaling techniques (caching, queues, consistency, etc.)
- Deployed services to the cloud (especially using AWS) using docker and Kubernetes based services
- Worked with AWS data stores (e.g. RDS, Elasticache, DynamoDB) and SQL
- Built, deployed, and managed docker and Kubernetes based services
- Extensive experience with *nix
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement in an agile environment
We are a small team with a passion for what we do, and we keep our employees at the center of our mission. We are dedicated to being an equal-opportunity employer.
Whitepages, founded in 1997, helps you contact, research and verify people in your world. More than 30 million people per month use our people search engine to get in touch with extended friends and family, research backgrounds and verify that people are who they say.