The Valant mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the quality of health care and to make high quality health care available for everyone. We are a post-revenue, well-funded Seattle company looking to add more enthusiastic, passionate individuals to be a part of the next industry transformation.
Valant is a completely new platform solution, providing an elastic, scalable data model and mobile app experience to dedicated healthcare professionals. The flexibility of our platform technology enables an iterative and highly interactive approach to electronic health record implementation.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Valant, you will be part of a high-performing, distributed engineering team that is implementing a high-security, multi-tenant, cloud-first application. In this role you will get the opportunity to create leading edge DevOps solutions as part of an established and growing organization.
What You’ll Do
- Own and drive infrastructure engineering activities as a contributor in our distributed DevOps organization.
- Work with peers to develop and maintain cross-organization processes ensuring high quality deliverables and services are maintained.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD processes and infrastructure across a full range of environments and service levels.
- Independently design, develop, and deploy AWS-based infrastructure solutions to achieve targeted scope and schedule objectives.
- Collaborate with Architects and Software Engineers to break down high level roadmap requirements into iterative Sprint plans.
- Work across team, departmental, and organizational boundaries to help identify and resolve challenges and issues that arise in support of our production platform.
What You’ll Need
- Strong desire to learn and support others.
- Minimum 3 years in a DevOps engineering role in an AWS environment, with a minimum of 2 years supporting customer-facing, production, infrastructure.
- Experience with at least 2 DevOps or System Engineering roles in more than one organizational culture.
- Strong communication and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong emotional intelligence presenting a mature and calm demeanor in all situations.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and operate production AWS infrastructure resources.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell, Python, Bash, and Windows command line scripting.
- Demonstrated expertise with Chef, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, and Puppet.
- Working knowledge of deployment automation, cloud security, and key management.
- Working knowledge of HTTP and web service infrastructure configuration including load balancers, reverse proxies, NAT, DNS, VPN, REST and SOAP APIs, etc.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Technologies, including Azure and AWS.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience using Jenkins or VSTS for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Working knowledge of GIT for version control.
- Demonstrated experience with database administration for one or more database platforms including PostgresS, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, and SQL Server.
- Demonstrated experience with operational monitoring in one or more solutions including ELK, New Relic, Icinga, and CloudWatch.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology
- Weekly team lunches
- Generous Paid Time off policy
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Bonus plans
- 401k and company stock options
- Employer contributions to HSA plan
- Company-paid ORCA transit pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle or Portland location
We are a SaaS organization serving the needs of the behavioral healthcare industry. Through disruptive technology solutions, we are reinventing the possibilities of how electronic healthcare record (EHR) systems serve the mental health community and its patients.
Founded in 2005, Valant has become the technology leader in behavioral health. We serve both private practices and publically-funded health and human service organizations across fifty states. Ours is the leading EHR system in the US for solo and group behavioral healthcare practices. The software we create enhances the lives of thousands of care providers and millions of patients.
The next big industry transformation will once again be technology-driven. The Valant Platform utilizes the full power of cloud technology and gives behavioral healthcare providers the tools to configure their unique workflows.