The Valant mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the quality of health care and to make high quality health care available for everyone. We are a post-revenue, well-funded Seattle company looking to add more enthusiastic, passionate individuals to be a part of the next industry transformation.
Join the Engineering Advancement team where our charter is to predictably deliver defect fixes and improve the quality of Valant Platform by paying down technical debt. It is an exciting and fast paced team where you will get to work across the Valant platform from applications that support the clinical front office, billing and more.
What We Are Looking For:
- You enjoy contributing to a team that is solving complex data, usability, and scalability problems.
- You like to dig deep until you get to the core of a problem.
- You like to architect solutions that result in high quality and low maintenance of the system.
- You love to work on robust service layer technologies (RESTful APIs, JSON, ASP.NET, and other APIs), highly scalable data technologies (SQL and NoSQL).
- You enjoy working across many functional areas of a product
- You are excited to leverage the cloud infrastructure of AWS to create new market changing solutions, while working in a lean methodology.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on a highly configurable, user-friendly platform for behavioral health care practices, agencies, and clinicians
- Investigate and relentlessly track down the root cause of production defects
- Design and implement high quality solutions to address our technical debt and improve our quality
- Work on tools to improve our ability to identify, monitor, dissect bugs, and improve turn around time to address defects
- Be a key member of a high performing engineering team, working within a scrum/ agile framework
What You’ll Need:
- A team focused, highly collaborative, positive attitude
- 2 – 3 years experience working with C# or Java
- 2 – 3 years building enterprise level web services and RESTful APIs
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly efficient in time management and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experience with UI Development (AngularJs, React, JS) would be a plus.
- Experience developing within the AWS ecosystem a big plus
- Experience and success working in a fast-paced, high-intensity, rapidly-changing agile environment
- Willingness to be on call as needed to address technical issues
What We Offer:
- Snacks and weekly paid lunches
- Radically remote flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Employer contribution to Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Generous paid time off policy
- Bonus plans
- 401k and company stock options
- Tax saving FSA plans
- Company-paid ORCA pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location
- The chance to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology
We are a SaaS organization serving the needs of the behavioral healthcare industry. Through disruptive technology solutions, we are reinventing the possibilities of how electronic healthcare record (EHR) systems serve the mental health community and its patients.
Founded in 2005, Valant has become the technology leader in behavioral health. We serve both private practices and publically-funded health and human service organizations across fifty states. Ours is the leading EHR system in the US for solo and group behavioral healthcare practices. The software we create enhances the lives of thousands of care providers and millions of patients.
The next big industry transformation will once again be technology-driven. The Valant Platform utilizes the full power of cloud technology and gives behavioral healthcare providers the tools to configure their unique workflows.