The Valant mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the quality of health care and to make high quality health care available for everyone. We are a post-revenue, well-funded Seattle company looking to add more enthusiastic, passionate individuals to be a part of the next industry transformation.
Valant is a completely new platform solution, providing an elastic, scalable data model and mobile app experience to dedicated healthcare professionals. The flexibility of our platform technology enables an iterative and highly interactive approach to electronic health record implementation.
As Vice President of Engineering at Valant, you will report directly to the CTO and be responsible for leading our multi-time-zone engineering teams and being a key member on our Senior Leadership Team. In this role you will partner with senior leaders of other departments to communicate and execute against an aggressive roadmap. We are looking for a leader with a strong technical and product background, who has extensive experience with agile/ scrum software methodologies and a proven track record aligning business value with the complexities of software development.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership to our software engineering managers and teams by identifying and removing impediments to velocity.
- Partner with senior leaders of other departments to understand and resolve immediate customer and longer term strategic needs.
- Work with peers to develop and maintain cross-organization processes ensuring high quality products and services are maintained. Lead software engineering teams in implementing and succeeding in process change
- Provide resource plans, budget tracking and forecasting.
- Manage the team to achieve targeted scope, schedule and cost objectives. Accomplish this while supporting peer teams with the ultimate goal of executing against an aggressive roadmap.
- Provide clarity and direction — Translate broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals; set expectations/standards and ensure they are followed.
- Collaborate with the CTO & CPO to break down high level roadmap requirements to iterative goals that teams can execute on.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 8-10 years in a senior software engineering management role with a minimum of 5 years as a VP.
- Demonstrated experience motivating teams across locations to succeed
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills with the ability to understand and communicate complex technical information across departments of varying technical acumen.
- Exceptional leadership and team-building skills with a passion for mentoring/coaching.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly efficient in time management and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Deep understanding of Agile/Scrum principles and methods, with a ‘people over process’ mentality.
- Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, or strategic influencer on the direction of product design and development.
- Experience with Test automation, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Experience with cloud-based architecture (AWS/ Azure) a huge plus.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Generous paid time off policy
- Bonus plans
- 401k and company stock options
- Tax saving FSA plans
- Company-paid ORCA pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location
- The chance to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology
We are a SaaS organization serving the needs of the behavioral healthcare industry. Through disruptive technology solutions, we are reinventing the possibilities of how electronic healthcare record (EHR) systems serve the mental health community and its patients.
Founded in 2005, Valant has become the technology leader in behavioral health. We serve both private practices and publically-funded health and human service organizations across fifty states. Ours is the leading EHR system in the US for solo and group behavioral healthcare practices. The software we create enhances the lives of thousands of care providers and millions of patients.
The next big industry transformation will once again be technology-driven. The Valant Platform utilizes the full power of cloud technology and gives behavioral healthcare providers the tools to configure their unique workflows.