The Valant mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the quality of health care and to make high quality health care available for everyone. We are a post-revenue, well-funded Seattle company looking to add more enthusiastic, passionate individuals to be a part of the next industry transformation.
The Technical Project Manager is the glue between our Customer Experience and Engineering teams, focused on delivering complex, cross-functional, and critical reporting requirements. The ideal candidate will be well organized, experienced in agile technical project management, and have a proven track record working with large scale enterprise business intelligence & reporting platforms. Candidates should be aggressive, comfortable speaking with customers, and technical enough to work with project stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Engineering, Product, and Implementation Managers to define the Business Intelligence/Reporting Roadmap, and support its day-to-day activities
- Ensure Valant’s Reporting Suite moves forward in tandem with advancements in Platform’s core features and functionality
- Collaborate with Implementation Managers to clearly understand business needs, document requirements, create user stories, assign resources and deadlines, track progress, and take ownership of finished products
- Be in constant communication with Engineering and Customer Experience leadership, managing priorities and dependencies across teams, and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Be a “hands on” contributor who can jump in support of the engineering team’s work if/when needed
- Have a true interest in data, and how we can leverage it to help Valant’s customers make better business decisions
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3-5 years working as a Technical Project/Product manager with direct experience working with enterprise level reporting solutions
- Minimum 2-4 years working with Microsoft’s reporting stack: MS SQL Server, Reporting Services, and Power BI
- Strong Technical Data background with direct experience working with relational databases that contain complex data structures and schema
- Direct experience querying data using Transact SQL
- Ability to design and validate Reports and Business Intelligence Dashboards
- Experience using and coordinating with team members who use Atlassian’s team collaboration tool, Confluence
- Extensive experience working within a lean/agile software development processes
- Prior success as a cross-team influencer, with a proven track record of establishing relationships and managing expectations both internally within an organization and externally with customers
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to execute quickly in a start-up environment and build structure vs. having structure provided
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, high-value, strategic projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, trusted relationships with colleagues
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Employer contributions to HSA account
- Generous paid time off policy
- 401k and company stock options
- Tax saving FSA plans
- Company-paid ORCA pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location
- The chance to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology
We are a SaaS organization serving the needs of the behavioral healthcare industry. Through disruptive technology solutions, we are reinventing the possibilities of how electronic healthcare record (EHR) systems serve the mental health community and its patients.
Founded in 2005, Valant has become the technology leader in behavioral health. We serve both private practices and publically-funded health and human service organizations across fifty states. Ours is the leading EHR system in the US for solo and group behavioral healthcare practices. The software we create enhances the lives of thousands of care providers and millions of patients.
The next big industry transformation will once again be technology-driven. The Valant Platform utilizes the full power of cloud technology and gives behavioral healthcare providers the tools to configure their unique workflows.