The Valant mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the quality of health care and to make high quality health care available for everyone. We are a post-revenue, well-funded Seattle company looking to add more enthusiastic, passionate individuals to be a part of the next industry transformation.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you should enjoy contributing to a team that is solving complex data, usability, and scalability problems. You love to work on robust service layer technologies (RESTful APIs, JSON, ASP.NET, and other APIs) and highly scalable data technologies (DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Elasticsearch, Spark, Redshift). You are excited to leverage the cloud infrastructure of AWS to create new market changing solutions, while working under a lean methodology.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a part of our next-generation cloud-based healthcare platform application tea
- Create a highly configurable, user-friendly platform for behavioral health care practices, agencies, and clinicians
- Make possible the streamlining of administrative processes for the end-user to improve clinical outcomes
- Love to work on robust service layer technologies such RESTful APIs, JSON, and other web APIs
- Dive into resolving complex problems around data storage and flow
- Focus on development within AWS using exciting technologies such as Kinesis, DynomoDB, Spark, and Redshift
What You’ll Need:
- A team focused, highly collaborative, positive attitude
- 4 – 6 years building enterprise level web services and APIs
- 3 – 4 years working with large data driven environments (experience with ETL processes and working with data warehouses or relational databases is highly preferred)
- Experience developing within the AWS ecosystem a big plus
- Experience and success working in a fast-paced, high-intensity, rapidly-changing agile environment
What We Offer:
- Snacks and weekly paid lunches
- Radically remote flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Employer contribution to Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Generous paid time off policy
- Bonus plans
- 401k and company stock options
- Tax saving FSA plans
- Company-paid ORCA pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location
- The chance to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology
We are a SaaS organization serving the needs of the behavioral healthcare industry. Through disruptive technology solutions, we are reinventing the possibilities of how electronic healthcare record (EHR) systems serve the mental health community and its patients.
Founded in 2005, Valant has become the technology leader in behavioral health. We serve both private practices and publically-funded health and human service organizations across fifty states. Ours is the leading EHR system in the US for solo and group behavioral healthcare practices. The software we create enhances the lives of thousands of care providers and millions of patients.
The next big industry transformation will once again be technology-driven. The Valant Platform utilizes the full power of cloud technology and gives behavioral healthcare providers the tools to configure their unique workflows.