The Valant mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the quality of health care and to make high quality health care available for everyone. We are a post-revenue, well-funded Seattle SaaS organization serving the needs of the behavioral healthcare industry.
Valant is a completely new platform solution, providing an elastic, scalable data model and mobile app experience to dedicated healthcare professionals. The flexibility of our platform technology enables an iterative and highly interactive approach to electronic health record implementation.
As a Software Development Manager at Valant, you will be responsible for leading 2-3 software engineering teams across US, Spain and Eastern Europe executing on an aggressive and challenging feature roadmap. Additionally, for this role we are looking for someone with a strong background and understanding of release management. We have aggressive goals over the next year, and there is a great deal of opportunity for personal and career growth. A successful candidate will have a strong engineering background with a proven track record building large scale enterprise applications, a can-do attitude, a desire to continuously improve and take ownership when opportunities arise.
If you’re passionate about applying innovative technology to create simple solutions to complex business problems and want to be part of the next industry transformation, then we want to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
- Own and drive release management for the engineering organization. In this role, you will need to partner closely with Product, Customer Experience and Sales/Marketing teams to streamline and enhance the existing process.
- Provide Engineering Management for our Billing and BI teams
- Lead 1-2 engineering teams in a Scrum environment playing the role of a Scrum Master/Agile coach.
- Execute against project plans and delivery commitments in an Agile environment.
- Provide clarity and direction — Translate broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals; set expectations/standards and ensure they are followed.
- Collaborate with Product Managers/Architects to break down high level roadmap requirements to iterative goals that squads can execute on.
- Work across squads, departmental and organizational boundaries to help identify, solve adaptive challenges that impact roadmap.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 5-8 years of direct software development experience with a minimum of 3-4 years in a management role.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience acting as a scrum master or as another key role in the scrum process
- Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, strategic influencer on the direction of the product design and development.
- Agile experience with a ‘people over process’ mentality
- Experienced decision maker and driver with the ability to articulate product vision and roadmap.
- Exceptional leadership and team-building skills with a passion for mentoring/coaching.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities and work in a fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experience with Test automation, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Generous paid time off policy
- Bonus plans
- 401k and company stock options
- Tax saving FSA plans
- Company-paid ORCA pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location
- The chance to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology
We are a SaaS organization serving the needs of the behavioral healthcare industry. Through disruptive technology solutions, we are reinventing the possibilities of how electronic healthcare record (EHR) systems serve the mental health community and its patients.
Founded in 2005, Valant has become the technology leader in behavioral health. We serve both private practices and publically-funded health and human service organizations across fifty states. Ours is the leading EHR system in the US for solo and group behavioral healthcare practices. The software we create enhances the lives of thousands of care providers and millions of patients.
The next big industry transformation will once again be technology-driven. The Valant Platform utilizes the full power of cloud technology and gives behavioral healthcare providers the tools to configure their unique workflows.