The Valant mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the quality of health care and to make high quality health care available for everyone. We are a post-revenue, well-funded Seattle company looking to add more enthusiastic, passionate individuals to be a part of the next industry transformation.
As a Fullstack Software Architect at Valant, you will be a core member of the technical leadership team that defines and executes against our Architectural Roadmap. You will work closely with the CTO and other architects to help define our system design, technical standards, and standard operating procedures. In addition, you will be expected to be a “hands on” key contributor that executes against specific strategic initiatives such as: critical time sensitive engineering projects, reducing technical debt, providing support to other architects and software engineers.
As a leader at Valant, you must be humble, have a strong disciplined work ethic, and exhibit outstanding professionalism and respect towards your team members.
A successful candidate will have a strong engineering background with proven track record building large scale enterprise applications, a can-do attitude, a desire to continuously improve and take ownership when opportunities arise.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the CTO and other architects, in a team environment, to help define our system design, technical standards, and standard operating procedures
- Work with delivery teams in the design and implementation of core components
- Provide strong technical direction as well as contribute to “hands on” coding efforts
- Take a leading role in defining coding standards and code reviews to ensure a higher quality product
- Lead architecture and technical designs reviews
- Ensure all work is measured against strategic & tactical company goals and timelines, with a primary focus on delivering value to our customers (via production releases)
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years in application development roles with a minimum of 2 years as a solution architect. This is a hands-on role, the Solutions Architect will be still linked to code
- Strong experience with common patterns in distributed systems (REST, SOA, DDD)
- Strong experience with lower level design patterns for micro service-based component architectures, such as CQRS
- Experience with large scale SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience of distributed caching and related open source tools
- Experience with RPC request/response, asynchronous communication, and message-based communication (RabbitMQ, nServiceBus)
- Experience delivering and owning microservices in a SaaS environment
- Experience in measuring and improving performance of production systems.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Employer contributions to HSA plan
- Generous Paid Time off policy
- Bonus plans
- 401k and company stock options
- Tax saving FSA plans
- Company-paid ORCA pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location
- The chance to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology
We are a SaaS organization serving the needs of the behavioral healthcare industry. Through disruptive technology solutions, we are reinventing the possibilities of how electronic healthcare record (EHR) systems serve the mental health community and its patients.
Founded in 2005, Valant has become the technology leader in behavioral health. We serve both private practices and publically-funded health and human service organizations across fifty states. Ours is the leading EHR system in the US for solo and group behavioral healthcare practices. The software we create enhances the lives of thousands of care providers and millions of patients.
The next big industry transformation will once again be technology-driven. The Valant Platform utilizes the full power of cloud technology and gives behavioral healthcare providers the tools to configure their unique workflows.