We believe that a great writing experience is fast, outcome-focused, and alive with your ideas. Going from start to finish on a document in three minutes. Knowing who will respond to anything you’ve written before you even press send. Writing software that puts your ideas at the center, with language that is certain to land the way you want. Textio has already changed the way that thousands of companies write and now we are looking for a creative and curious data science leader to join us.
Our team needs a Data Science Manager who is passionate about analytics. You will lead and grow a top-notch team of data scientists focused on creating stories and insights from data. This team is part of Textio’s larger data science group, which is accountable for building the machine learning models that drive Textio’s platform and for product, marketing, and customer analytics.
As the leader of analytics, you will shape Textio’s quantitative understanding of our users, our product, and our business. You and your team will influence product metrics, customer-facing analyses, internal dashboards, and the data infrastructure supporting these. This is a unique opportunity to define the way Textio evaluates itself, and to expand the influence of data and informed analysis in decision-making across the company.
You will be joining a welcoming and collaborative data science team at a company that deeply understands the value of data. Textio is a phenomenal place to build, learn, experiment, and deliver impact as a data scientist. Come join us!
What you’ll be doing:
- Strengthening the analytics function of Textio’s data science team through technical leadership, hiring, and developing the individuals on your team
- Aligning work to the interests and aptitudes of the team
- Empowering the use of rich data in Textio’s decision-making by establishing patterns and infrastructure that increase access to information
- Partnering with colleagues across Textio to develop and execute a roadmap for analytics
- Leading feature work in multi-functional squads with product managers, engineers, fellow data scientists, and colleagues across the business
- Using SQL and Python to get to the heart of questions, and learning new tools and skills as Textio evolves
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience building and leading collaborative data science teams in a dynamic environment
- You have a demonstrated history of mentorship and investing in the growth of those around you
- You create practical analytical solutions that are guided by business context, simplicity, and the contours of the relevant data
- You have previous experience building analytics/BI solutions that synthesize data from a variety of sources and serve end users in multiple parts of the organization
- You are comfortable working in ambiguous problem spaces and create paths to increased clarity that help the team move forward
- You have a point of view and are low ego
We’re not looking for ninjas or rockstars. We want to work with awesome and innovative people who can help us use data to make Textio the best that it can be.
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/. Share your story with us!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Textio is one of the world’s fastest-growing startups. We’re expanding our Seattle team of brilliant, creative people who are inventing a totally new category of software: augmented writing. We offer a rare mix of world-class product leadership, outstanding engineers, and rapid customer traction combined with a vision big enough to change the world.