We are a small team of passionate game industry veterans with experience from Nintendo, Google, and Ubisoft and we’re out to re-imagine how the world plays together. We’re just getting started: building something amazing using modern technologies for modern players. We are a startup in spirit, but backed by a Fortune 50 company that has more than a billion monthly users on a global scale.
We are fortunate enough to be able to utilize a variety of existing technologies and services, both internal and open source. You will be part of a team that will help to quickly evaluate these systems and determine whether we should use them or write our own from scratch. We are a fast-paced, feature-focused environment, so the right answer may change over time.
This position represents a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, products and the industry. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, and have the ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
- A senior game developer, with 8+ years of applicable work experience.
- Experienced with utilizing commercial game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Able to pick up new programming languages and tools quickly.
- Passionate about using data analytics during development and to drive continuous improvement.
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit and functional testing practices, and continuous deployment systems.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, evolving, and growing team.
- Skilled at verbal/written communication and ability to communicate effectively at a variety of technical and non-technical levels.
- Experienced leading software development teams through creation, release, and operation.
- Comfortable with a small amount of travel (10%).
- You love games.
- You’ve been around the block a few times and want to build something with a large impact.
- You can balance the enticement of using a new technology with the reliability of using an older one.
- You recognize that perfect can be the enemy of the good, and when that’s important to pay attention to.
- You come equipped with a good sense of humor, and are a believer in lifelong learning.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Stealth Startup
We are a small team of passionate game industry veterans with experience from Nintendo, Google, and Ubisoft and we’re out to re-imagine how the world plays together. We're just getting started: building something amazing using modern technologies for modern players. We are a startup in spirit, but backed by a Fortune 50 company that has more than a billion monthly users on a global scale.
We believe that games can be more and do more. That everyone is a game player. That immersing yourself in gameplay should fit your lifestyle, not bound to specific devices. It should be as easy for you to play a game with your friends as it is for you to play by yourself.
Each person on our team is highly accomplished, motivated, and productive. We believe that building something valuable requires us to work together as a team. That having a diverse team helps us build a stronger product. And that inner motivation helps us get up in the morning. Well, that and caffeine. I mean, we're Seattleites.